- Site Policy
(1) Our Site Policy
1) Personal Information
Personal information refers to “Personal Information” as stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and is defined as information pertaining to an existing individual that can be used to identify a specific person based on name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions as well as information that in itself can identify a specific individual, such as appearance, fingerprints, voiceprint data, and health insurance card number (personal identification information).
2) Collection of Personal Information
The Center may request personal information such as name, address, type of business, and telephone number when the User registers. The Center may also collect information on transaction records and payments, including User personal information, from the Center’s partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertising distributors, and others, referred to collectively as “Partners”) for transactions between the User and a Partner.
3) Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
The Center collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer services at the Center
- To respond to inquiries from the User (including to verify identity)
- To send emails containing information on new features, updates, and campaigns for the services the User is currently using, as well as information on other services provided by the Center.
- To let the User view, change, or delete their own registered information or view their usage status.
- Any other purposes incidental to the above
4) Changes to the Purposes of Use
- The Center shall change the purposes of use of personal information only when deemed reasonable and relevant to the purposes of use before the change.
- The Center shall notify the User of any changes to the purposes of use through methods prescribed by the Center or publicly announce the changes on its website.
5) Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
- The Center will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining consent from the User in advance, except in the cases below and cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws.
- When necessary to protect the life, safety, or property of an individual and obtaining consent of the User is difficult
- When it is especially necessary to protect public health or to promote the sound growth of children, and obtaining consent of the User is difficult
- When the Company must cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by the law, and obtaining consent of the User risks interfering with the performance of these duties
- When the User has been informed of the following items in advance and the Center has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- That provision to a third party is included in the purpose of use
- The items of data provided to a third party
- The procedures and methods of providing data to a third party
- That provision of personal information to third party can be suspended at the request of the User
- How requests from Users are handled
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the following cases of provision of information shall not constitute provision of information to a third party:
- When the Center outsources the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of business takeover due to a merger or other reasons
- When personal information will be shared with a specific person, and when this fact and the items of personal information to be shared, the scope of the parties with whom the personal information will be shared, the purpose of use by the parties, and the name or title of the person in charge of managing the personal information is announced in advance to the User or made readily available to the User.
6) Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Center will disclose personal information to the User without delay when the User requests disclosure of personal information. However, when a request for disclosure falls under any of the following cases, information may not be disclosed, in whole or in part, and in the event of nondisclosure, the Center shall notify the User promptly.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the User or a third party
- When it poses the risk of becoming a serious obstacle to proper implementation of the Center’s business
- When it would violate other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, non-personal information, such as information on history and attributes, is generally not disclosed.
7) Revision and Deletion of Personal Information
- When Personal Information held by the Center is incorrect, the User may request that the Center make revisions, additions, or deletions (“Revisions”) to their personal information according to procedures stipulated by the Center.
- The Center shall make Revisions to personal information without delay when it receives a request from the User for the Revisions in the preceding paragraph and deems a response necessary.
- The Center shall notify the User without delay when it makes Revisions as per the preceding paragraph, or when it decides not to make Revisions.
8) Suspending Use of Personal Information
- The Center shall investigate immediately when a request for suspension or deletion of personal information (“Suspension of Use”) is received from a User claiming that personal information has been used for reasons that go beyond the purpose of use or that personal information was obtained through fraudulent means.
- When response is deemed necessary after the investigation of the preceding paragraph, the Center shall suspend use of the personal information immediately.
- The Center shall notify the User without delay when it suspends the use of personal information as per the preceding paragraph, or when it decides not to suspend use.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, when Suspension of Use is costly or otherwise difficult to implement, alternative measures necessary to protect the benefit and rights of the User may be taken if such measures are feasible.
- The content of this Policy is subject to change without notice to the User unless otherwise stipulated by the law or other provisions in this Policy.
- Changes to this Policy shall take effect from the time such changes are posted to this website, unless otherwise specified by the Center.
All information on this site is subject to copyright protection under the copyright laws of Japan and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction of the content of this site is prohibited, except for personal use, citation, or other acts permitted under the Copyright Act.
When citing, clearly indicate the source in an appropriate manner. Unauthorized modification of the content of this site, in whole or in part, is prohibited. For details, inquire at the contact information below.”
For inquiries regarding the Amami-Oshima World Heritage Conservation Center website, links, or copyrights, please inquire using the contact information below.
Amami-Oshima World Heritage Conservation Center
- 467-1 Ishihara, Sumiyo-cho, Amami-shi, Kagoshima 894-1201
- Tel: 0997-69-2281
- Fax: 0997-69-2282
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org